Wednesday, June 3, 2009

USMC Command and Staff Graduation

Today Wil officially graduated from the Marine Corps Command and Staff College with his Masters of Military Studies. While there were a few times when I wondered if his penchant for procrastination would be a real problem...he nonetheless pulled through and graduated with all A's.


Wil's Conference Group at the Command and Staff College

While the ceremony seemed to be quite long and at times difficult to hear, we did enjoy hearing from the Deputy Commander of CENTCOM, Lt General Allen. He was probably the best speaker they had...not to throw stones at the President of the Marine Corps University, but he was quite difficult to hear, so I really have no idea what he said and I'm doubting if anyone else does either.




After the graduation we grabbed some lunch before heading home to change and relax. And since Wil did not want a party like I had planned to throw for him, we had a small little celebration with just us and my parents and nephew who came in town for the graduation.
Wil and his graduation present, a Kindle...and of course Carvel Ice Cream Cake

No comments: