Monday, June 1, 2009

Bob

After much thought and debate, we've decided to introduce the world to Bob. (Previously an acronym for "Blob of Baby" and now since he/she is no longer a "blob", the acronym still works but stands for "Baby on Board".)


Bob at not quite 7 weeks...on the ultrasound he/she
appeared to be a blob with a heartbeat...hence "blob of baby"

Bob and his/her sack lunch (i.e. yolk sac)

We discovered in late March that we would be expanding our family this year, but after what we have been through in the past year with the loss of Bailey and two subsequent miscarriages, we have been hesitant to get too excited about the possibility. Since discovering that we were expecting we have been closely monitored by the doctors and specialists with appointments every other week, hormone supplements (poor Wil...I've got twice the normal pregnancy hormones), and warnings of early delivery. So, while our official due date is December 9th, I am hesitant to say that as it is expected that we will induce early.

Ironically, we discovered this news as I returned from my trip to Pigeon Forge, TN and right after what would've been Bailey's first birthday. On my trip to Pigeon Forge I had jokingly bought a nightgown that said "Bearfoot and Pregnant" with a pregnant bear on the front of it...perhaps I subconsciously knew.

Last week we went to the Perinatal Specialist in Richmond to discover that so far so good and with that, my regular OB doctor thinks all is moving along well and we can take a breath of relief. I'm waiting for 1 more week before I feel a bit more comfortable, but at last week's appointment we saw a strong heartbeat and development that was right on track. Our next ultrasound is scheduled for July 8th in Richmond and then we should have another in Fredericksburg within a few weeks after that.



We're officially 13 weeks now and I'm hoping that after my doctor's appointment next week I'll be able to come off of the hormones as they have exacerbated morning sickness, which has kept me feeling pretty miserable for the past 9ish weeks.

Wil and I are in disagreement as to whether Bob is really a Bob or Bobette...he's convinced that Bob is a girl (i.e. Bobette) and I'm convinced that Bob is a boy...after all, I've had some terrible morning sickness and we all know that boys make you sick! :) Perhaps Wil is so convinced because he realizes that Bob will get a lot of hand-me-downs from his big sister, Bailey...and most of her stuff is pink...I don't know...it could work...Bob's first drag show...

When trying to think of names this time it's been a bit tougher. We knew from the beginning what Bailey's name would be...but this time we're not quite so prepared. At first thought we're thinking Harris Pharis for a boy and Paris Pharis for a girl...

No comments: