We got to Orlando around 11am and checked into our resort, The Old Key West Resort, which I have to say is FABULOUS! After checking in, our room wasn’t ready yet so we decided to head to the park and enjoy a day of rides and shows before coming back to our room at about 8:30pm and unpacking. It’s always good to get settle in, but at the end of the day after a hot full day at the park, I’ll admit that it was the last thing I wanted to do…but alas, I got it all done while the boys watched TV.
Hollywood Studios hasn’t changed too much since the last time I had been there, but it was a good time.
Jon-Christian, Pauletta, and Bob
Jon-Christian and Wil
The boys enjoyed the three rides that I was not permitted to ride due to my current condition…and I walked around the shops while they rode those.
…all of which were really good. Although I’m not sure the boys were as interested in the Beauty and the Beast show and probably preferred seeing things get blown up in the other two. Oh well…baby steps.
Other than the oppressive heat, which really took its toll on me today, it was a good day. I did learn my lesson and intend to take a water bottle with me for the rest of the week and try to constantly keep drinking water to help avoid some of the exhaustion I felt today. I’ll also wear comfortable shoes and not just flip flops for all of this walking. And the final piece of this survival plan includes something I purchased today…it’s a water bottle with a fan and sprayer attached to keep myself cool. I’ve placed it in the fridge to get it nice and cool for tomorrow when we head to Universal Studios.
No comments:
Post a Comment