Monday, June 29, 2009

It’s Magical (June 21st—Sunday)


Oh, yes it is magical. Walking down Mainstreet USA…hearing the music…seeing Cinderella’s Castle in the background. It’s as though you’ve walked into a fairy tale and you’re 5 again when all your dreams are just waiting to come true…Ok, so I’ve obviously bought into the whole Disney experience…but why not…there are worse things to get lost in. And it was Father’s Day, so what better place to spend Father’s Day than a magical land where all your dreams come true.



We hit just about everything we could (including some things twice) and I am proud to report that at the Magic Kingdom there were only 4 rides that I wasn’t permitted to ride, as opposed to Universal Studios where there were only 2 rides that I was permitted to ride…so Disney is much more expectant mother friendly if you ask me. We started our day in Adventureland catching up with Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean and then taking a jungle cruise filled with wild animals and headhunters (ok, so they were all animatronics…and I had to convince Wil that the headhunters were not the type to find him a job after the Navy); the boys headed for Frontierland and the wild west and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain while I did a little shopping to help the economy of course…after that we moved over into a different type of world and went to the Haunted House (always one of my favorites) and then into Fantasyland visiting Mickey’s Philharmonic…from there we moved into Tomorrowland and went on the Stitch Ride and the Monsters Inc Laugh Factory…and then it was time to leave the park…for a little while anyway.




We headed over to the Fort Wilderness Campground for the dinner show that we had planned to see, The Hoop de Doo Revue. And let me tell you…it was quite a revue. Talk about a hoot and holler of a good time. There was comedy…there was dancing…there was singing…there was unlimited food…there was Wil spinning his napkin in the air…and there was Jon-Christian on stage…what more can you expect from a dinner show. I can definitely see why it is one of Disney’s most popular dinner shows. It was a lot of fun.




After the show, we waddled back over to the Magic Kingdom for another shot at the park…this time we started in Tomorrowland and worked our way around counterclockwise. We went on the Buzz Lightyear Ride (it’s fun…I almost killed more aliens than Wil…it was close)…then we moved around to Fantasyland again and went on the Pooh Ride, the Snow White Ride, and It’s A Small World…the Peter Pan line was an hour wait with no fast passes left…so we had to skip Peter this year. As we moved on around, what’s better than the Haunted House at night, so we went through the Haunted House again and then the boys went back around to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad for another ride, while I walked around some shops and sat down to rest my weary feet. After that we made one more ride on The Pirates of the Caribbean and then headed for the front of the park.

We made it hobbling back to the resort close to midnight. I am slightly disappointed that we weren’t able to hold out until 3am when the park closed for resort guests…but since my feet still hurt the next day, I think we probably did all we could do. Oh, and in case you’re wondering…the oppressive heat has continued…with the temperature over 100 degrees on our Magic Kingdom day. Because of the heat, Wil has been like a crack dealer…only for water and liquids…every 10 minutes he’s forcing liquids down my throat…normally I wouldn’t complain, but that means frequent bathroom stops for me and frankly with my feet as tired as they are…I’m not sure I need the extra weight from carrying those liquids around …but alas…a good time is being had by all…I may have to call into work next week in order to rest…hmmmm

No comments: