Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lovin' Spoonful

It's hard to believe that Gray is ready to start introducing food, but we got the go ahead from the Pediatric GI Specialist when Gray had his 2nd appt. How can it be? My little monkey is trying to crawl, he talks up a storm (although we can't quite understand him), and now he's eating food!?! How does this all happen so fast?

The doctor gave instructions that we were supposed to start him on orange vegetables and then move to green vegetables, etc. And we're supposed to give a few days between trying anything new to ensure that there are no issues with anything. We started with carrots and thought that he might be allergic as he started to get a little sick at daycare on Monday.  We took him to the doctor on Tuesday and they agreed that it wasn't a food allergy, but a cold (not sure I'm buying the cold thing...I actually think it might be an allergic reaction to the increased pollen that we've had recently, but the doctor doesn't believe that infants can have allergic reactions until they're 18 months or something).
Once we ruled out the allergies, we put him back on the carrots twice a day and as the week progressed, he got better about eating more.  Over this weekend, we added in sweet potatoes.  I think he may like the sweet potatoes better than the carrots...actually, I think he likes the spoon better than either of the foods.  The next food we'll try in a couple of days is squash and then I guess we'll move on to the green veggies. So, exciting and sad...all at the same time.  My little baby is growing up.

No comments: