It's hard to believe that we're already at the half-way point, 20 weeks. In all reality, due to the expectation that we'll deliver early, we are most likely past the half-way point by a week or two.
So far, so good. Everything seems to be progressing nicely and Bob's development is right on track. And other than a few incidents which have caused concern about potential health issues, we're doing well.
We've started preparation of the nursery. We've bought some initial clothes, ordered bedding, purchased the stroller, car seat, and hi chair, and have picked out most other things we need to get to welcome Bob. So all in all, I think we have a pretty good start and it's really beginning to sink in that there will soon be another boy in the house.
Our next doctor's appointments will be in a couple of weeks; one in Richmond at the perinatologist and one in Fredericksburg with my regular OB. I'm enjoying having appointments once every 4 weeks for now (even though there are always 2 in that week--1 in Richmond and 1 in Fredericksburg). At our last appointment in Fredericksburg the doctor said that we will most likely start weekly appointments at 28 weeks instead of 32. Either way, it's early. For those who don't know, in normal pregnancies, the weekly appointments usually start around 36 weeks.
So now we're trying to guess when we'll actually deliver. They moved our "original" due date of December 11th up to December 9th after the first ultrasound at almost 7 weeks. At the last ultrasound (at 18 weeks), they estimated the due date to be December 5th. But given our history and the doctor's inclination to deliver as soon as it's safe to do so...my guess is that Bob will be delivered around Thanksgiving.
Hmmmm...does this mean that I'm off the hook for cooking this year? And I wonder how I'll be able to make it out to do some Black Friday Christmas Shopping...I may have to send Wil out this year to brave the malls.
1 comment:
i've never done the black friday shopping but really want to this year....if you're up for it, i'll be your limo!
Post a Comment