In this case, I'm talking literally. Without going into too much detail about how horrible my day was, I will just say that I believe I easily deserved a glass or two of wine tonight.
The bad luck actually started on Monday evening when the dog had an allergic reaction to his vaccines. His face swelled and he was miserable trying to scratch his face on anything he could. We gave him some of Gray's benadryl and that seemed to help with the itching and took some of the swelling down, but not completely, so I called the vet when I got to work today. The vet was going to give us some prednisone to give to him and my plan was to pick that up after work...well, that was until I got a call from daycare.
A call from daycare is always a dreaded thing...it never seems to be with great news like, "you know that Grayson is just such a doll today." And again, they did not call with good news. Apparently, Gray was having some difficulty going to the bathroom, was in an extreme amount of pain, and had blood in his diaper. So, needless to say, I quickly called the Pediatrician to find out what to do. After giving her the information that I got from the daycare, she told me to go to the daycare and get some additional information, which I did and she recommended that he didn't need to come in, just to pick up the medicine she told me and do the things she recommended and keep an eye on him.
So, Gray and I left daycare and stopped at the pharmacy to get his meds, stopped at the vet to get Indy's meds and headed home. We got home and I put Gray down to get the meds ready when I heard the most horrifying scream. I will just say that I'm not sure I'll ever get that scream out of my head and I truly hope to never hear anything like that again. What happened next, I won't go into details, but I am still traumatized. I called the doctor again because I wanted Gray to be seen to ensure that he didn't not rupture something or do any serious damage to himself.
We got to the doctor and got some additional "treatment" recommendations and came back home. He broke several capillaries in his face and has a tear on his bum from this experience, but the doctor seems to think that it is quite normal and will heal just fine and so for now his diet includes regular doses of prunes and apple juice. The real question is whether or not I'll heal from this experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment