Saturday, February 27, 2010

Photos from Beverly

Here are a few pictures we had taken at Portrait Excellence by Beverly when Gray was about 2 1/2 weeks old.  I had seen Beverly's pictures a few places and always thought they were beautiful (her portraits are also the ones that grace the halls of the Labor and Delivery Ward at Mary Washington Hopsital in Fredericksburg), but a couple of years ago I got formally introduced to Beverly when she came to the hospital to take pictures of Bailey after we delivered her.  Now to say these pictures have sentimental value to us is an understatement.  Her pictures were beautiful and she was kind enough to have one of the pictures printed and ready by the time of Bailey's funeral.

So, needless to say when we were pregnant with Grayson, it was important to me to have pictures of him taken by Beverly.  I knew the pictures would be beautiful.  And I also knew they would be expensive, but it seemed well worth it to not only have these treasures, but to also thank the very kind and generous woman he had given us such a great gift with the pictures of Bailey.

We've now had 2 portrait sessions with Beverly.  One when Grayson was about 2 1/2 weeks old (those included here) and one for his 3 month pictures which will be part of a framed series of pictures (3, 6, and 12 month). Of course, during these sessions I always seem to find additional pictures that I want to order and so from his 3 month session I also ordered a framed collage of 9 pictures of Gray and his bits and parts that Beverly calls The Baby's Garden...I, however, think our's should be titled "Gray's Anatomy".  Either way, it will be as beautiful as the rest of her portraits and I'm so thankful that we're able to have these beautiful works of art in our home.  Granted, we may not be able to eat for the next year once we're done...but, eh...we need to go on a diet anyway...hahaha

PS I have another portrait from this session that I've now ordered that is of Grayson and Wil in which Gray looks like he's telling Wil a secret.  Very cute!

No comments: